Helping patients get access
to their prescribed medications with the information and support they need
IPSEN CARES provides a single point of contact between patients/caregivers, healthcare providers, insurance companies, and Specialty Pharmacies
HOURS: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET
MONDAY - FRIDAY
IPSEN CARES is staffed by dedicated Patient Access Specialists who can assist with:
- Benefits Verification: Verifies patients’ coverage, restrictions (if applicable), and copayment/coinsurance amounts
- Prior Authorization (PA)/Appeals:
- Provides information on documentation required by payers on PA specifics, and recommendations for next steps based on payer policy
- Provides information on the payer-specific processes required to submit a level I or a level II appeal, as well as provides guidance as needed through the process
- Copayment Assistance: Offers copayment assistance to eligible* patients. This includes referring to the Somatuline Depot Commercial Copay Program or referring to an independent nonprofit organization if available
- Patient Assistance Program (PAP): Determines patients’ eligibility† for PAP and dispenses free product to eligible patients
- Institutions: Somatuline Depot can be acquired from wholesaler
- Private Practices:
- Direct (buy-and-bill) acquisition from a group of approved specialty distributors
- Specialty Pharmacy delivery (IPSEN CARES can provide helpful information on selection of the appropriate Specialty Pharmacy for the patient by calling 1-866-435-5677)
- Communication: Conducts calls to both healthcare provider and patient with status updates about patient’s IPSEN CARES enrollment, benefits verification results, coverage status, dispense date, etc.
HCP online portal
- The HCP Portal allows you to track the status of your patients enrolled in IPSEN CARES. We hope the HCP portal will be a convenient resource for you and your office. After you register and create a profile, your profile will be validated within 24 to 48 hours.
Through the online portal you can:
- Send a message to the IPSEN CARES team
- Upload relevant patient documents
- Obtain Specialty Pharmacy dispensing information (if applicable)
- Review case status notes for enrolled patients
Visit www.ipsencares.com/hcp-resources to learn more.
† Patients may be eligible to receive free drug if they are experiencing financial hardship, are uninsured or functionally uninsured, are U.S. residents, received a prescription for an on-label use of Somatuline Depot as supported by information provided in the program application, and meet income criteria based on an Experian soft credit check. Eligibility does not guarantee approval for participation in the program. The PAP provides Somatuline Depot product only, and does not cover the cost of previously purchased product or medical services.
Community organizations that provide patients with acromegaly information and support
National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service
A service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Hormone Health Network
Pituitary Network Association
Learn more about pituitary disorders, get contact information about hormonal health hospitals near you, and get answers to frequently asked questions.